As noted by TechCrunch, GigaOm, CNET and others, Visa is teaming up with shopkick, an award-winning mobile app that rewards consumers for simply walking into stores, to deliver valuable loyalty rewards to Visa account holders.
Shopkick now lets mobile users earn more redeemable kicksTM by choosing to link their eligible Visa debit or credit card into its new Buy & Collect program and then making qualifying purchases at participating shopkick merchants with the linked card. Shopkick users have the option to earn more rewards while shopping in their favorite stores and merchants can increase sales and better measure the effectiveness of their location-based marketing efforts.
The relationship with shopkick’s Buy & Collect program aligns with Visa’s ongoing commitment to deliver greater value to financial institutions and merchants, while enhancing the consumer shopping experience. In keeping with best practices of security and privacy, consumers must opt-into the program to participate. They receive detailed information on how the program works and can conveniently opt-out at any time. As consumers embrace new technology to enhance their shopping experiences, we think it’s important for Visa account holders to decide if the benefits of this program make sense for them.
Here’s how it works:
- Existing shopkick app users will be automatically alerted to the availability of the new Buy & Collect program and those who are new to the app will be notified of this additional, optional program.
- App users choose to opt in to the new program and link their Visa account on an enrollment page hosted by Visa. When cardholders choose to register their Visa credit or debit card, they agree that Visa will provide shopkick with information regarding their transactions at participating merchants in order to enable shopkick to provide kicks rewards on qualifying purchases. Participation in the new Buy & Collect program is completely optional, and Visa card registration is not required to sign up for the regular shopkick service.
- Shopkick app users who opt in to the Buy & Collect program will see a green payment card icon on their “nearby” screen to let them know there are additional offers at participating merchants. By tapping onto that merchant, they’ll see the buy and collect offer such as “Spend $20, get 400 kicks” at the top of the page.
- Shopkick app users who opt in to the Buy & Collect program can make a qualifying purchase with their enrolled Visa card at participating Buy & Collect merchants.
- After swiping their enrolled Visa card, shopkick app users receive real-time notification from shopkick that their kicks rewards are banked – a great combination of walk-in rewards and rewards for purchase.
See how it works here: http://bit.ly/suOLrC
Posted by: Leigh Amaro, Visa Information Products on November 22, 2011 at 9:14 am